- What data is collected?
Most of your personal data is collected on a case-by-case basis as follows:
- When you sign up for our services;
- When you request assistance from our customer support team;
- When you complete surveys, you subscribe to newsletters or request other information from us;
In order to provide you with the best possible service, we may collect the following information:
Account Information & nbsp; is collected when you sign up for our services.
This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc.
Service Usage Data & nbsp; is automatically collected when you request support for our services. This information may include data about your interactions with the features, content and links contained in our services, the time of the interaction, the type and configuration of the browser, the operating system used, the IP address. , language preferences and other cookie data. While none of this data allows us to directly identify who you are, some of this data can be used to estimate your location.
- How to use the data
We believe in minimizing the data collected. We will only use your data when we have received permission to do so, when necessary to provide the services you have purchased, or for legal compliance or other lawful purposes, as follows: br> Providing, updating and improving the services provided by us . We collect various data relating to your purchase, your use and our interactions with our services. We use this data for:
- Improve and optimize the performance of our services
- Identify and investigate security risks, errors, problems and necessary improvements to our services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our services
- Collect statistics on the use of our services
- Analyze how to use our services and which of our services are most relevant to you
Most of the data we collect is statistical data on how we use the services and is not linked to personal data.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We work with law enforcement and government officials and private parties to comply with the law. In our sole discretion, we will disclose any information about you to such parties as necessary to respond to claims and legal proceedings, to protect our property and the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or an individual, or to prevent or stop illegal or unethical activities.
If we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you if we are required to provide your information to third parties as part of a legal process.
We will share your information, as appropriate, to comply with ICANN or ccTLD regulations and policies when you register a domain name with us.
- How to secure and store data
We follow generally accepted standards to collect, store and protect personal data, including the use of encryption. We keep personal data for
insofar as this is necessary to provide the services you have requested, then for legal and business purposes, with retention periods:
• Mandated by legal, contractual or similar obligations;
• To resolve, preserve, enforce or defend our legal and contractual rights;
• To keep adequate and accurate business and financial records.
- How to access, update or delete data
You can access, view and update your personal data by logging into your account and visiting "My Account". If you cannot access "My Account" for some reason, you can contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
If you request the deletion of your personal data, this request will only be honored to the extent that the data is no longer necessary for the services you have purchased, or when it is no longer necessary for our business, legal or business activities. contractual.